Safety Resources, Inc. provided safety supervision, representation and oversite for John C. Grimberg Co. at the Naval Surface Warfare Center, Indian Head, Maryland in 2008.
This project spanned 8,729 square feet and recorded an investment of $10.9 million dollars.
This facility had a DX priority completion rating and operations consisted of using Advanced Explosive Materials.
As safety representatives, Safety Resources worked to ensure the client's interests were protected and the primary focus for the duration of the project. They trusted our expertise to ensure the project completed on schedule, on budget, and without costly safety incidents.
During this project, we acted as the liaison among a variety of stakeholders and effectively managed the following:
- Accident prevention through ongoing safety oversight in accordance with project HSE requirements and OSHA standards.
- Continually reviewed contractor performance and ensured compliance through site presence and provided immediate availability for safety issues as they presented themselves.
- Consulted, reviewed, inspected and educated as needed throughout the course of the project.
- Communicated with personnel to ensure safety excellence through positive reinforcement and cooperative efforts.
- Monitored the on-site personnel to ensure compliance with Federal and State guidelines.
- Responded to all project safety related issues including recommendations, questions, and documentation issues.
- Participated/lead established safety meetings as a team function.
- Assisted with the investigation of all incidents and provided immediate communication to appropriate project management personnel.