Today is the solar eclipse! Please follow the safety tips below to ensure your safety during this rare event. Don't keep safety in the dark!
• Never look directly at the sun without a special purpose safe solar filter.
• Never look at the sun through a camera, telescope, or binoculars while using your eclipse glasses.
• Make sure your eclipse glasses meet
International Safety Standard - ISO 12312-2.
• Make sure eclipse glasses are in good condition - not torn, scratched, or coming loose from the frame.
• Visit the American Astronomical Society (AAS) website for a list of reputable vendors who sell eclipse glasses.
• Ordinary sunglasses are not safe for looking at the sun.